Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Potty Training Help!!!

I'm in desperate need of potty training help for Tyse. He seems like he is ready and he'll go in the potty with the incentive that he'll get a piece of candy when he is done, but he is so stubborn about it. Lex was so much easier, but I was also home with all the time too. I'm very frustrated that I can't be home with him like I was with Lex and be able to all the things I used to. Having to rely on daycare is difficult. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely lucky and blessed to have the daycare I do have - they are great but its just not the same. I'm hoping to really work on potty training over the Christmas break - I won't have work for two weeks, but if anyone has any ideas - I would greatly appreciate them!

2 comments:

April said...

We waited until Caleb was three, because I had heard boys could be stubborn/difficult. We'll probably do the same with Joshua, but I can see the need/advantage of doing it sooner. Of course, every situation is different. I would wait until Christmas with those two weeks, and then try "Potty-training in less than a day." You can get it from Amazon or from the library, read up on it now, so you can be ready for Christmas. Haleigh just put on some big kid underwear one day and was done, but Kade has used this method for Caleb, Elise, and Maryn, all very different personalities, and it worked just like it said. It's an intense training time, and that's all you focus on for the specified time, but it's worth it. Just a suggestion, of course, but maybe worth a try. Good luck! Definitely not my favorite thing to do.

Brenda said...

My boys so far have been easier than my girl was (I know that is backwards from the "word on the street") My advice would be to take 2-3 days that you can be around all the time. Give him TONS to drink, set a timer and take him every 15 minutes. When he actually goes on the toilet throw a HUGE party and make it a big event. Good luck!