Monday, November 10, 2008

The Misfortunes of Home Ownership...

We are finally into our house! Sort of, I'm still in the unpacking phase. Last week however, we had some extremely cold weather (it got down to 8 degrees) and my little manufactured home has yet to be skirted. Which means that pipes are exposed, but the exposed pipes are heat taped and insulated. Unfortunately, it did not stop mother nature from freezing one of my pipes underneath the house encased in insulation. I thought I was fortunate enough to have had a frozen pipe without a burst or leak. For several days, I felt secure in this knowledge until Sunday morning when I was walking around my dining room table and my feet became soaked. I thought one of my darling children might have spilt something but I hadn't given them anything, so my fears grew and I went to look underneath my home. To my great dismay, water had started to pool and the plastic covered insulation was bulging. I poked a hole to help drain it and started to dry my carpeting. Needless to say my Sunday became a stress filled day of trying to find someone to help, but to no avail. Fortunately, the people that I bought my house from are going up today to hopefully get it fixed. The joys of home ownership....

1 comments:

April said...

How terrible! Being a homeowner definitely brings a lot of worries about the house. Did you get the problem fixed?