Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The long lost survivors of Cherry Top Hill

Its been a while since I have posted anything lately - life has been a little hectic. As for us, we have been surviving - Lex is doing amazingly well in school. She loves kindergarten and loves being with all of her classmates. Tyse is still potty training - an on-going battle I'm afraid. He is very much a boy! As for me, the last two weeks have been quite a trial. I was unsure if I was going to have a job for a while, as my dad decided to get out the livestock business. It was a shock and a scary one. The feeling of not being able to provide for your family or pay your bills is a scary one. However, the new owners have decided to keep me on, which is a blessing. The only thing all of us at the stockyards know are unsure of is how much of a pay-cut we will be faced with. I will still be working for my dad doing his book keeping for his tire business and for my brother at his shop as well. All-in-all, the Lord has definately been looking out for us and it makes you realize how important it is to be self-reliant.
As for the "Cherry Top Hill" - that is the name Alexus gave our hill. I kind of like - its a cute little name, but I'm not entirely sure how she came by it.
Alexus and my neice Keelie had put all their "ponies" in their hair and Tyse wanted his picture taken too.

3 comments:

April said...

Hey, you guys! I've been away from the blogging world too. I've paused my life long enough to catch up for a minute. I'm glad you're able to keep your job. Education is being hit really hard out here in CA with all the state budget woes (crazy legislators keep spending money they don't have), and so we've been holding our breath and have had some near misses. I love the name of your hill. Very cute idea, Lexus.

Ann said...

I'm glad you still have your job and are staying afloat. These are crazy times. We haven't even started the potty training woes yet. Cole isn't the least bit interested. Someday.

Jill Day said...

that is a cute little name. Alexus definitely has a talent for coming up with names. so glad to know that you have a job. I hope it works out for you. thanks so much for all the baby stuff. THe bouncy chair has been a life saver.